Careers with Cooke & Co
We offer the following opportunities: -
- To earn generous sales commission with an uncapped salary potential.
- Fun and realistically achievable targets with exciting incentives and rewards.
- Tailored training and support to aid career progression through PropertyMark , The Guild of Professional Estate Agents and NALS.
Current Positions Available February 2023.
Cooke & Co are seeking an enthusiastic and organised full time Lettings Negotiator to become part of the Cooke & Co family. The position will be based at our Margate office and requires a full driving licence and a clean reliable car to undertake appointments throughout the Thanet area. (A generous car allowance and parking allowance is paid monthly). This role also includes Saturday working with a day off in lieu in the week.
Cooke & Co have been successfully managing properties across Thanet for over 30 years and pride ourselves on our excellent reputation, and core values of honesty and integrity.
At Cooke & Co we would expect you to demonstrate your commitment to excellence and professional customer service and we will support your drive to learn and develop. You will join an amazing team of passionate professionals with over 70 years of combined business knowledge and will be provided with great career development with the long-term goal of becoming one of our letting gurus.
Join our team and develop your career including a fully funded ARLA industry recognised training and qualification, in a fun and supportive environment.
In this busy Lettings Negotiator role, every day will be different, you can expect:
- Supporting the team to maximise and develop business opportunities.
- Excellent time management and the ability to plan your diary to use your time in the most efficient and effective way.
- Consistently achieving personal and branch targets with a drive to exceed targets and deliver high levels of value.
- Ability to self-organise and work alone as well as part of the team whilst demonstrating excellent organisational abilities with a strong attention to detail.
- Providing excellent written and verbal communication, delivering exceptional customer service and customer care over the phone, face to face and by email.
- Booking property viewings and registering applicants in a professional and timely manner.
- Responsible for carrying out viewings in properties throughout Thanet with potential tenants, demonstrating a high level of professionalism and knowledge.
- Planning and supporting new and periodic property inspections and check outs including pictorial inventories.
- Providing support in the negotiation, reservation and agreement of tenancies.
- Assisting with the necessary paperwork and understanding legislation to ensure properties are managed and organised correctly and according to compliance and legal requirements.
- Representing the company in a professional manner, demonstrating the Cooke & Co culture of honesty, integrity and excellence.
- Actively developing strong, positive relationships with new and existing landlords and the wider team.
This is a not a sales role but you will have regular interaction and collaboration with our sales teams at all three of our branches.
By joining us in this Lettings Negotiator role, you will also have access to a number of our benefits:
· Competitive salary package based on your experience including a generous car allowance.
· 28 days annual leave (including bank holidays, increasing depending on service and role)
· Staff discount on property and financial services.
· Salary sacrifice pension.
· Support and investment on gaining ARLA and other professional qualifications to help promote knowledge.
Don’t miss out this exciting opportunity to be a Lettings Negotiator for an award-winning agent, apply today to find out more.
Due to a high volume of applications, we receive we unfortunately are unable to contact each applicant individually regarding the status of their application. We do not accept speculative CVs from employment or any other agency.
Please send your CV and application by email for the attention of Mrs Kelly Beak, Lettings Manager using this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will then contact you if you are successful so we can arrange an interview as soon as possible.