Cooke and Co's Tenants Charter.
Cooke & Co lettings is managed by the owner Damien Cooke MNAEA MARLA and are licensed ARLA members with the staff being trained letting professionals who also live and know our area. We have good local knowledge and will always be open and honest about the property you are looking to rent and the surrounding area and amenities. This includes knowledge of schools, doctors, hospitals, shops and leisure facilities.
All staff within the Cooke & Co letting team attend regular courses run by ARLA and other professional bodies as well as being kept up to date with the latest regulations and laws using the industry standard letting centre information. We all work hard to find you the right rental property and to make your experience an extremely pleasant one and allowing you to enjoy your new rented home. Do feel free to contact us at any time for help and advice. We are here to help.
Cooke & Co love lettings and whether you are renting for the first time, or you have previously let a property then come to us and you will be refreshed by our customer service based experience. We understand that to make our landlords happy and content we need to find them the best quality tenants and then look after them, especially, in exceptional circumstances, when things go wrong.
Cooke & Co have an extremely experienced and friendly letting team who will always try to help you and can give you the correct advice. We have been renting property in Thanet since 1992 and have many combined years of experience. We have worked extremely hard to build on our reputation as the reputable, efficient and trustworthy letting agents where you come, for a quality letting experience.
We pride ourselves in treating tenants extremely fairly and try to be as helpful as possible if a problem occurs.
Cooke & Co makes our tenants these promises.
- Tenants and landlord’s money is fully protected and we follow strict professional conduct rules.
- We are fully paid up and licensed members of the NAEA , ARLA ,OEA, SAS, KLAS and NALS.
- Cooke & Co have full client money protection for complete peace of mind.
- We offer an excellent selection of quality rental properties to suit all pockets.
- We provide accompanied viewings without exception.
- Tenants and landlords fees are regularly reviewed to keep them extremely competitive.
- Our terms are transparent, fair and easy to understand.
- We will not make unfair or illegal demands of our tenants.
- Our reservation and referencing is straightforward.
- We won’t reserve a property with two different parties as long as your commitments are met.
- All fees that you could incur will be explained and put in writing, before you start the holding process or pay anything to us.
- Everything else that is important is put in writing to save any misunderstandings or confusion at a later date.
- We work hard to educate tenants about their responsibilities throughout the tenancy in a polite way.
- We make records of all complaints and repairs reported and are pleased to help wherever possible.
- We use reputable and trusted completely independent tradesman who have signed service level agreements with us
- We only use known, reputable and insured builders, Gas Safe plumbers and NICEIC approved electricians.
- We undertake and attend regular ARLA and NAEA training courses to keep up to date with the law.
- We ensure that all properties are let legally.
- We use the TDS and DPS, as required to protect tenant’s deposits and we make sure that any deposits taken by us are registered.
- On introduction only lettings we only will transfer deposits to the landlords deposit scheme which we will confirm to you.
- We have easy to read tenancy agreements that comply with all current legal regulations and anything you have to sign will be fully and honestly explained to you.
- We never take deposits or rent without providing a legible signed written receipts on A4 headed official company paper.
- We will not ever collect rent at the door or use threats of violence.
- We try to be understanding about arrears and assist you as much as we can. Helping you move, pay back the landlord and not get into serious debt or incur a CCJ.
- We do accept standing orders, bank transfers, cash and most credit and debt cards and online secure Paypal payments(subject to an admin fee outlined in charges) for payment of rent, deposits or charges.
- We are open six days a week and have a 24 hour emergency system that links to the on call contractor for reporting major problems, as well as a state of the art website based repair logging system accessed from our homepage by clicking request a repair, allowing you to log issues with the ability to upload photos and log when you reported the issues for your peace of mind.